Thursday 24 March 2016

Front Cover Screenshots

This is the picture that I wanted to use for my front cover of the music magazine. The reason I chose this picture was because I thought that it would look good on the cover of a pop magazine. The colours worn by the model are quite striking which gives it the pop vibe. The makeup was left neutral but the lipstick worn was a bright pink and quite bold allowing it to stand out more and so that it relates to the colour theme of the magazine front cover.
I cut out the background using the rubber tool on Photoshop as i did not want that included in my magazine front cover
The reason that i chose this pink as my background colour for the front cover was because the main target audience was teenage girls and i wanted to make it look quite feminine so that they can relate more to it.
It took some time to decide on the name of my magazine but after doing some research i liked the name "RITA". It was short and easy to read, also it goes well with the idea of a pop music magazine. After looking at my results from the survey i put on Survey Monkey, i saw that most people wanted the background to be slightly covered as it will look professional so i carried out the idea on my front cover.
I added a bit of text and experimented with the fonts. I thought that it would look quite plain if it only included text so i used the rectangle tool on Photoshop to highlight specific words in a bright colour to make it look more interesting.
I wanted to be a bit more creative so i added gradients on Photoshop. This made it look less childish and more professional.

It was necessary to include a bar code on my magazine front cover so i got one from the internet and added it to my magazine.
This is the final front cover of my magazine. I changed the text to different sizes and colours making it look more like a pop magazine. The colours that i used were quite bold and will easily catch the attention of my target audience. Using the rectangle tool on Photoshop i made fun shapes highlighting words that would be given more importance.

No comments:

Post a Comment